Searching for Sterling Finesse Shower Door Sweep

A quick learner says:
Trying to find door sweep for Kohler Sterling Finesse Shower Door model #6506-39-N, serial number SAU3JPFTT, thank you for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 465B3BF9-4718-4010-BA57-9151F53FE5F8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 98A214E2-A8AD-4DF7-8293-2EA66CE349D9.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We need the width of the base and height of the pile. We'd also like to see a clear photo of the end profile of the part to make out the shape of the base as well.

A quick learner from Agawam, MA says:
Paul, hopefully the attached pictures will give you a better idea as to how the sweep slides into the bottom of the shower door. The pile on the sweep measures 1/2 inch high. The space that the sweep slides into is 1/8 inch.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you, Terry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 074ECCCA-7EB1-4C4E-BB2E-4D78D005FCE0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B483616B-B23A-49C2-A440-F37A1B803289.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks! This is indeed helpful, but we're still at a loss as to what may replace this. It looks like the base is round; I was hoping it was a square or diamond. I'm afraid we haven't been able to find anything with this design.

It's very strange for a shower door to use wool pile in the first place. I feel like it would be a magnet for mildew. You may want to consider using a vinyl or rubber sweep instead of trying to find this particular pile. We even have one that may be worth considering. See our 10-320, which also has a round base with a 3/32" diameter. Could you possibly use this as a substitute?

A quick learner from Agawam, MA says:
Hi Paul, thank you for your recommendation on the shower door sweep. I have placed an order for this part. It will most likely work better as the pile on the existing sweep is starting to fray after only 2 years.

Again, many thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Terry

Profile picture of Paul

That's great news. We appreciate your business! Please let me know how it works out, or if you have any questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.