Series 400 spiral balance 24 in. replacement

A handy person from Brandon, FL says:
I don't see any clips or fasteners at the bottom of the non-tilt window. I was able to remove the defective balance from the bottom so I assume the unseen clip is damaged. Do I have to remove the window and if so, how is this done?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a tough one. If you have a Series 400, there is a good chance that your window is an older style that isn't meant to be removed. This will make identifying the proper clip difficult. Would you be able to open the sash and show us a picture of where the clip is from the bottom? It won't be a perfect picture, but we may be able to make out some clue as to what will work for you.

A handy person from Brandon, FL says:
Per your request are 3 pics of newer window (office-1999) and 2 of older window (bedroom-1984). They look to be the same style, make, etc. Both spirals are broke in the office window (left one has been removed). Looks like only the left spiral is broke in the bedroom window, but it won't stay up.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bedroom left.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named office left (2).JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. This sash definitely can't be removed. You do have a screw on side clip, though. Looks like you could use needle nose pliers to straighten out the arms that hook on the Series 400. If they're broken, you might be able to use our 17-094 clip on bracket, but I'm not sure you have enough lip to hook this clip on. 

Also, when buying a replacement for the Series 400, you might also want a 75-005 charging tool to help install and charge them. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.