Simonton 5500 vinyl window balance replacements needed

Quick Learner from Asheville, NC
Oct 20, 2023 10:50 am
I have 3 different sizes of Simonton vinyl windows I need to replace the broken balances. They have no markings on the coil springs. The first one has a top sash weight of 9.6 #'s and the bottom weight of 10.4 #'s . The second one has a top sash weight of 7 #'s and the bottom weight of 7.6 #'s. The 3rd one has a top sash weight of 16.2 #'s and the bottom weight of 18#'s. Pleas send me the list of parts needed. Thank you!
IMG_4454 IMG_4453 IMG_4452
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 23, 2023 11:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but, unforutnately, the manufacturer sticker does not tell us the exact hardware that the window uses. We would need to see the original balance assembly uninstalled, to compare to our inventory. See the videos related on this page to help you through the process. Thank you! 

Quick Learner from Asheville, NC
Oct 24, 2023 1:24 pm
Here is the picture of the balances installed. I don't have one of them uninstalled. Will take one apart if needed. Please let me know .

Thank you!
IMG_0027
1 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 24, 2023 1:48 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I would recommend removing an undamaged balance assembly from the window to compare to the assembly shown in our video below. If it's a match, then you can use the replacement parts related on this page for your repair. You'll also need to divide your sash weights the total by the number of coils used on each side to choose the corresponding strength options for your replacements. Take a look and see what you think. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts