Simonton Dimension 1 Windows. House built in 1996.

Home Owner from Portage, IN 46368
May 4, 2024 3:28 pm
This part is the bottom pivot part for the window to tilt in. I'm guessing it usually travels up and down with the window but now is stuck at the bottom. I've tried several times to work it free but I can't get it to move.

So I guess I have two problems:
1) Get this broken part out
2) Get its replacement in and engaging the window again.

Thanks for any help!
webcam-5/4/2024, 2:09:05 PM
1 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 1:00 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

It appears that your window uses the 15-111 pivot shoe. I cannot confirm from the picture, but it is possible that the shoe may be locked in place. Take a look at the video below for assistance. Let me know what you find! 

Alternate image for 15-111
Alternate image for 15-111

From there please provide pictures of the coil springs. They should measure either 3/8" or 1/2" thick. Also let me know if there are any numbers stamped in the metal. 

May 9, 2024 4:57 pm
Yes! Looks like you have identified that pivot part for me. So after getting it out of the window I managed to break the housing for the two double coils. They fit right on top of each other and both hook up to the same slot in the pivot. These are double hung windows. The sliding window is about 29" x 29". What I'm looking for now is the plastic housing that holds the coils. There is one housing for each coil(2 per side).
Thanks!!
webcam-5/9/2024, 3:57:03 PM
1 user uploaded images
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 8:14 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem! 

If the coil is a 1/2" thick, see the 15-150D cover, but if 3/8" thick, see the 15-204. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

May 18, 2024 10:10 pm
Well, the parts you recommended arrived today. I don't even know how to thank you so much!! You took the time to answer my questions and suggested some videos. Windows that have not worked properly in years are now working!! I am a handy guy, but my knowledge of my double hung windows was very limited. I have learned so much! It's comforting to know that if any of my other windows have issues I can rely on Swisco.

Again

Thanks!
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 20, 2024 8:02 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

This is great news! Thank you for the feedback and I am happy to hear that we could assist with your repairs. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts