Simonton Window Pivot Shoe

A home owner from Olney MD says:
I am looking for Pivot shoes for 2 Simonton double hung windows purchased in 2005 and 2006.
Window #1 Identification Q0507 0643233300010000 50881 55DHWI31 2006
Window #2 Identification 06169126030001 50880 55DHWI28 2005

I recently purchased 2 Shoe Item#15-192. These did not fit the window channel and could not be installed. The window channel, as measured by me, is 7/8" deep and 1 1/4" wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our video below that shows the parts we recommend for Simonton windows, as well as the full replacement process. 

Keep in mind that you will need to replace the balance hardware and pivot bar, not just the shoe, for this to work for you. Thank you!

A home owner from Olney MD says:
Thank You!
It looks like I will also need to get a S159 coil spring for the unit. My understanding is that each coil spring needs to support 1/2 of the window weight; so a 7 Lb window will need 2 coil springs each supporting 3.5 Lbs. Is that correct?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Correct, you would need one 3.5-pound coil on each side of the window to support a 7-pound sash. 

A home owner from Sharon,MA says:
Though it requires a little manipulation the CertainTeed Pivot Shoe will also work for this project. I had to trim off some of the plastic on the front and back that looked like alignment bumps for the window it belongs to (Otherwise the thickness won't fit into the track). I used the old metal pivot points since those were fine and specific to the Simonton Pivot Bar. I also re-used the old spring so really the only thing I replaced was the plastic pivot holder but it fits really well and works great now.
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.