Sliding Closet Bottom Track Hardware Replacement

Home Owner from San Diego, CA
Aug 13, 2013 2:50 pm
Hello, we need help identifying the attached hardware. It is approximately 3" in height, 1 5/8" wide and the wheel is approx 7/8" in diameter (convex). Only idenfifying marks are an 'F' on one side and a label that states 'To adjust, loosen screws half turn' on the other side.

We purchased our home new from builder and cannot find any identifying marks on the closet doors/hardware that would tell us who the manufacturer is. In searching the internet, your products seem to most closely match.

I appreciate any help/suggestions you are able to offer!
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
11 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2013 9:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hey, thanks for posting! This roller looks a bit like our 23-011 and 23-012, except the wheel is bigger and it looks like yours is offset back, rather than forward. I'd be happy to help you research something better. Could you tell me what the offset is for your own roller? Take a look at our 23-011 and 23-012 to see what I'm talking about. Hopefully that will help us find a good replacement roller for you.
Aug 14, 2013 12:58 pm
Thanks so much for the quick reply! The offset looks to be 1/4".

Also, if replacing the rollers for the front door, is it suggested to replace the rollers for the back door as well?

I look forward to your reply.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2013 1:22 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Great! Thanks for the information. If you're replacing the front rollers, it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the back rollers, as well, especially if they're the same age. That will make sure there isn't too much strain on the new hardware.

In the meantime, let me research these rollers for you.
Aug 14, 2013 1:45 pm
Ok, great. I will get you pictures and dimensions of the back rollers too! Stay tuned :)
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2013 2:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Great! Could you also see if you can find any manufacturing information? That will help in our search.
Aug 14, 2013 3:19 pm
Unfortunately, there are no distinguishing manufacturer marks/information on any of the hardware.

I have attached pictures of the rear rollers. It is approximately 3 1/8" in height, 1 5/8" wide and the wheel is approx 7/8" in diameter (convex). There is no offset. Only identifying marks are an 'R' on one side and a label that states 'To adjust, loosen screws half turn' on the other side. Not sure if you can tell in the picture, but metal is gold and silver in color.
User submitted photos of closet door hardware.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2013 2:26 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, after extensive research, we have been unable to find a replacement for these rollers. It's strange that you have this type for that kind of track. Usually rollers like our 23-041 and 23-081 are what's used for what you have. You might be able to adapt them to work, but I can't be sure. I am sorry we could not find anything closer.
Aug 16, 2013 2:58 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Our closet doors are 1 3/8" thick. Is there a different track/hardware replacement you would recommend?

I should also mention, the piece of track shown above is about 2 3/4" wide. We would want to stick with that width or larger due to carpet placement.

Thanks!
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 19, 2013 9:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Well, the only type of track we have that can work with convex wheels is something like our 23-242. Now, the total width doesn't matter so much. What's important is the distance between the two rails, center to center. Check out the diagram below.
I can't say exactly what door width will work for this, as it can vary, but check out the rail-center-spacing on your own track and see if it's the same.
Aug 25, 2013 12:28 pm
Hi Tom,

I measured the center point between the two center rails and it is 1 9/16" - could possibly be 1 5/8", but both my husband and I estimated the mid points and both came up with 1 9/16". Any recommendations on rail and hardware replacement?

Also, would it be possible to convert to hanging system using our same doors? I would think hanging doors would open much easier than the bottom track system.

Thanks again for all of your help! MUCH appreciated!!
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Aug 27, 2013 8:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
We don't have any tracks whose rail distance measures 1-9/16" from center to center, but that's not very far off from 1-5/8". It may still work.

If you have wood doors, it would be easy to convert to a hanging door system. What material are your doors made from?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts