Sliding glass door lock mechanism.

Quick Learner from Fort Myers
May 26, 2021 8:20 pm
I took apart the lock and the inside locking mechanism called the "hook up align keeper" part works fine I think. It is the rectangle silver metal piece that allows the lock to catch and turn the locking bar that is broken. The corners of the metal on the female end of the square lock where that rectangular piece "catches" is worn down also. I believe I need to buy the outside door lock part but not sure what external lock fits with this lock #32439.
lock mech
1 user uploaded images
6 Replies
May 27, 2021 1:59 pm
This is a picture of the outside of the lock and the part that I think needs to be replaced.
Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 1.57.05 PM
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 1, 2021 11:10 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Unfortunately, we do not sell this part separately. Could you show us your entire handle set? We'll need to know the installation hole center spacing as well. 

Thank you! 

Jun 3, 2021 2:07 pm
How can I order the whole part and how long would it take for delivery? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 2.04.59 PM Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 1.57.21 PM
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 4, 2021 8:51 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Take a look at our 82-229 mortise lock and 82-030 handle set. Our handle is a little different and we still haven't seen your original handle so this is only an educated guess. Look over our dimensions for each of these items and compare them to your current hardware to see how they match up. 

Jun 4, 2021 12:07 pm
The handles are completely separate from the lock plate. The lock plate is the first picture I posted. It is two sliders that meet together. These are hurricane sliders. The lock plate is recessed so it can't have anything sticking out from it. I added a picture below of the door itself.
Lock and Handle
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jun 7, 2021 9:26 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Your handle set is very different, I've never seen a mortise lock mounted in that way. Unfortunately, our 82-030 is still our best option for a replacement. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts