Snuggers for Wood Bi-fold Closet Doors

A home owner from Glenrock Wyoming says:

I ordered (4) of both 1-1/2" and 2"Snuggers for our Bi-fold wood closet doors. Both were not wide enough to stay attached up inside the track. (See attached order sheet and photo.

I also attached a photo measuring the overall width of the track. As it shows is it is 1". Then another photo of the wood doors and wheels that ride in the track.

I need to know what to order in both of those sizes that will snap in and stay in the track.

Thank you very much.

Ed

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5913.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5894.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5864.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Ed. We only sell one snugger wider than the 23-164 that you already purchased, and that's the 23-293. However without an original part to use as a reference, I can't tell you for sure whether this will work or not. It's much wider than the 23-164, so there is a concern that it might be too big, but that really depends on how far the 23-164 fell short. 

Either way, it's the only other option we have. Give it a look and see what you think.

Dimensions for 23-293
Dimensions for 23-293

A contractor from Seattle says:
if this is a standard 1" wide by 1/2" tall bifold track, you can usually take a slotted screwdriver and bend the plastic keeper tabs out a bit. the snugger should then snap right into place.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.