Spiral balance and pivot shoe difficulties

A quick learner from Haslet says:
I have to replace the spiral balance and pivot locks on my single hung tilt windows. Beside these parts, it appears I am missing something from my window itself. There does not appear to be anything on he window that would attach to the pivot lock. Is that a replaceable part? If so, do you have it and how do I insert it into my windows. My windows have been in 14 years and were made by Marquis. I am hopeful it is something I can replace myself without having to purchase a new window.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help. It sounds like you're talking about a pivot bar, but I'm not sure. Can you send a photo of the place where the part is missing from? Is the same part still present on the opposite side? Do you have another identical window that has the part intact? If you've got one of these sitting around, you can photograph that, too.
A quick learner from Haslet says:
Here is some additional information that may help. I am at my
A quick learner says:
I have the same windows/pivot bars and pivot shoes. What I need in addition to the bars and shoes is the spiral b balance that will fit the pivot shoe (15-173) in a 36" 3/8" size.
A quick learner says:
I have pivot shoes that are an exact match to 15-173. The description of this shoe states it generally works with the 600 series spiral balance. However, my spiral balance measures 3/8" and does not match any on your website. Any help in getting replacement spiral balances would be appreciated.
pivot shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
As long the dimensions match, 1" wide by 9/16" thick, you selected the correct pivot shoe, 15-173, and 3/8" S900-36 spiral balance. Normally the 15-173 goes with the Series 600, but not necessarily. You might also want the charging tool, 75-006 if you don't have one already. Please check out the media guides I posted for you.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.