Stamp Option and Sash weight range

A quick learner from powhatan, va says:
I measured my channel at 34 inches, how do i know what sash weight i have or need? thank you.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you so much for your question. Do you have any stamps or engravings on your balance? This will help us determine the stamp option. The best way to determine what stamp option to choose is to get the sash out of the window and weight it. Do you know what series balance you need? Please check out the video I posted on the right.
got it, found it 34 B.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
OK, so we have a stamp which tells me the length of your balance is 35" with a 3420 weight stamp option. Please measure the balance from metal to metal without the plastic pieces on the ends. To be sure of the sash weight, take the sash out of the window ad weight it. If you need help determining the series of balance you need, please send us photos of both ends.
I measured it and its 34 inches long, the weight of the sash is 16.8 pounds
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
A 34" Series 795 balance (S795-34) holding a 16.8 sash requires a 34B stamp option. The marking on your balance seems correct. You should be able to order now.
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.