Not sure what one to order 24" long with these markings on it 2390 imp 26 bsi
1 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Feb 7, 2023 11:02 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm not sure what you have, unfortunately. We have dozens of different balances with that stamp. It's not a product code or anything, it just indicates the strength of the spring.

In order to figure out what Series this is, I need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me clear pictures of the top and bottom nylon fittings. I will also need to know the dimensions of these fittings.

Contractor from Florida Keys
Feb 13, 2023 8:22 am
More photos
image image image image image
5 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Feb 14, 2023 8:56 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Perfect, thanks. Based on what I see here, you have either our S380-24 or S385-24, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Furthermore, since your stamp ends with "26" there is a good chance that your sash is 26 pounds. In that scenario you would want to select the 2350 stamp option, which holds 23 through 27 pounds. However this is an educated guess. You should weigh your sash before you place your order just to be 100% sure. Stamps can be wrong but the scale never lies, and it's worth it for the peace of mind.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts