IMG_2258 IMG_2259 IMG_2256
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 12, 2024 7:22 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting. Our 81-087 looks close in terms of design. Please compare with the dimensions below, and let me know if anything differs, and if so, how.

Alternate image for 81-087
Alternate image for 81-087

Home Owner from Everett WA
May 13, 2024 5:43 pm
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your rapid response. The nylon wheels are 1 1/4 " OD. Everything else is the same. We were barely able to remove the door with a bit of persuasion. I don't think the larger wheels will clear the frame. After I posted my question, I saw a similar question that Lauren responded to on Jan. 4th
On my old part I assume the two top two extensions are to reach the door frame under the glass. If so, I could fix a spacer on top of a replacement such as the 81-155 or the 81-030 which is slightly wider, but there is room for it.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 10:46 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there, Bob's not here today but I'll do my best to advise.

I agree that a difference between a 1-1/2" wheel and 1-1/4" is pushing it. These can be adjusted to compensate for such differences, but if you already had a hard time removing the door then 1-1/2" is probably well over the line.

I don't think the other two rollers you picked out will work, either. the way these fit in the frame is just different enough that I don't think the work you'd have to do would be worth the end result.

Instead, consider swapping the wheels out on the 81-087. What you can do is drill the 1-1/2" wheels out and then install our 81-228 1-1/4" nylon wheel using our 81-310 axle repair kit (sold separately). I do this myself in a pinch and it's a very straightforward swap that should fix your issue entirely.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts