Storm Window Glass Frame

Home Owner from Baltimore, MD
May 6, 2024 9:36 am
I am trying to disassemble this frame to replace a glass. I understand that there is a L shaped key under the frame (which I have ordered from SWISCO for screen frames in the past). Instead of usual round punch dimples over to secure the frame, this frame had very unusual rectangular dimples too close to the edge of the frame. Can you please guide me on how to disassemble this frame and order the correct part to reassemble.

Thank you
Storm Window
1 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
May 8, 2024 1:30 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

I believe you have the older style that is no longer available. The newer style is 95-026 and the 95-027 which are self locking, no need to stamp the corner to secure it in place. I cannot guarantee this is the exact style you have while installed, so you will need to compare dimensions once the original is removed. 

To remove your existing corner you will need to "tap" it apart so not to damage the glass. Flip the corner around to expose the wool pile. Sometimes there is an opening in the frame below the wool pile that exposes the corner key in the frame. If you do have the opening exposing the corner key, take a flat blade screwdriver and try to tap out the corner using a hammer or mallet. In some cases you might need to drill out the "dimples" in the frame that secure the corner in the frame. Take a look at the related video.

Let us know what you think and if you have any additional questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts