Sun Air window Balance replacement

Handy Person from CA
Oct 8, 2011 2:30 pm
I have a Sunair window Balance w/2740 B.S.I stamped on it. I am a bit confused as to which series to get 350, 380 they all seem to have the same specs and end pieces. Thank you.
7 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 8, 2011 3:03 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Afternoon,

A lot of the channel balance series do look very similar but there are differences between the balance attachments. The balance attachments are the plastic (sometimes other materials) attachments found on the bottom and top of the channel balance. If you need help choosing the replacement channel balance series that matches your existing balance, please submit a couple pictures of your channel balance's attachments. We can help you choose the proper balances series based on your pictures.
Handy Person
Oct 8, 2011 4:13 pm
I have attached the photos.

Thanks
User submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 11, 2011 2:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Does your bottom shoe have wings like the 15-005 shoe or does it look more like the 15-002?
Handy Person from ca
Oct 11, 2011 5:36 pm
It has wings like the 15-005
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Can you confirm the length of the channel portion of your balance? I think it may be 28" in length.
Handy Person from ca
Oct 12, 2011 1:56 pm
Yes, It is 28" in. long
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2011 2:27 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
This appears to be the S350-28 Channel Balance with the stamp option 2740.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts