Swinging Saloon Door Hardware

A contractor from Spokane, WA says:

We are renovating a home built in 1914 and we are looking for refurbished swinging saloon door hardware from that era that matches the existing hinges, which are not in good shape or good working order. i have attached the original hardware. the only marking i have been able to find on it is "CSB CO" - if you blow up the one hing you should be able to make out the "TRADE MARK" (TRADE on the top and MARK on the bottom) with the upside down trapezoid and the letters inside "CSB" on top and the letters "CO" below that. The elongated spring portion of the hardware is approximately 10-1/4" long and the butts in their open position measure approximately 3" x 3-1/4". I have attached photos. Please let me know if you need anything more from me and if you have any ideas where i could source these. I consulted with Spokane Hardware in Spokane WA where i live and they referred me to you.

Thank you,

Larry

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2610.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2611.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Larry. I'm afraid that we won't be able to supply an exact match for these old hinges. They're very old and I would be surprised if they're still made. You could consider our 32-064 cafe door hinge assembly, but I understand that they aren't as heavy-duty as yours, nor are they spring-loaded. If these can work, it would require significant modification of the door and jamb.

If those won't work, I recommend checking with an older hardware store near you. I'm talking about a mom and pop kind of store, somewhere with history. You could also try a locksmith to see if they have something.

Sorry again that we can't offer a better match for you.

How to install the 32-064 cafe door hinges
How to install the 32-064 cafe door hinges
GUIDE
READ >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.