TM Cobb Window Hardware

A quick learner from Santa Rosa, CA says:

I was given your company's name by TM Cobb Co. I have a number of windows that need repair & I am looking for a variety of window hardware.

I have attached some photos of the parts I need & I am hoping you can advise me on what I need to buy. FYI the sash balance in the photo is stamped with a 28XHD on the back, even though the sash is 29" overall. Am I correct in assuming that whatever sash you sell me I will also need the corresponding hardware that attaches to the window itself & locks into the sash?

I would appreciate any help you can provide. This first window is a test case & if it works, I have another twenty or so to do.

Thanks,

Locke

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm very confident that we can hep you with these balances. What you have here appears to match our Series 751 channel balance. This comes with all the hardware you see in its product photo, including the 15-014 bottom shoe. The pivot and top hooks are sold separately but you could also just reuse your originals. They seem to be in good condition. If you wanted to replace them anyway, see our 26-150 and 19-030, respectively.

Based on your stamp of 28XHD, I would suggest the S751-29 with our 28HD stamp (which is just a little more modern). This stamp is rated to hold 22 through 28 pounds, so as long as your sash falls within that range then you should be good to go.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have about this product. Just let me know!

A quick learner from Los Angeles says:
I am looking for T.M. Cobb replacement window locks - see attached pictures.

1. What are the model numbers ?
2. Do you have them in stock ? I need X4
3. How much are they?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0022.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0026.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This lock looks very similar in design to our 38-075. You should review our specs to verify, though. Let me know if they differ in any way and we can look for an alternative solution.

We do have these in stock as of the time of this post. You can see a detailed price breakdown on its store page, linked above.

Alternate image for 38-075
Alternate image for 38-075

Alternate view of 38-075
Alternate view of 38-075

Diagram of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock
Diagram of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock

Side profile view of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock
Side profile view of the installation of the 38-075 sash lock

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
How to Replace a Casement Window Lock & Keeper
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.