Three identical double hung vinyl in need of lifts

A handy person from Roxbury, VT says:
Not sure the brand, but these spring lifts are failing. Each of six sash is 23x27", insulated glass. One photo shows a part number.

Would one of your products likely adapt to fit?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E0DD3CE-78F4-430D-B9A8-15D9467B7401.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3974362-74D7-4657-9006-BF76B060625D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A0B01F10-5F8A-4F64-A823-060CFF6CF87F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EBA33092-3CEB-4AF8-AE54-C1ECE0A69CA1.jpeg

Hi,

Found a label suggesting MFG: SIL-5. - which I hope has meaning for you, photo attached.

Norm 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CEE99353-AC56-45E3-995B-DBF8D61D2A1A.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

You have the discontinued Silverline 1000 Series double hung vinyl window. These are one of the first series made by Silverline. I would say age is what caused the Series 765 tilt balances to fail. From your photos, you have the S765-21" tilt balance with a spring weight option of 20-3 for a sash weighing 10-15 pounds. You might want to weigh your sash with a bathroom scale to see if your sash falls in between the weight range. I have also related parts on this page that go with your 1000 Series window. Check them out and see what you think. 

Paul,

Thank you very much. My sash weighs 12 pounds - so looks like good match. I'd also need the piece which screws in under the sash ("shoe"?).

Inspecting just now, 12 hours after a shower, I don't see how so much water gets so far into the sash and stays so wet. (Rusty mess in there.)

Because of the disappointing performance, I'm also looking into replacing two entire units.

I'll get back to you if repair seems best option.

Norm
Profile picture of Paul

I'm not sure which part you're referring to, our new style 15-046 pivot shoe or our 26-053A balance stop. Look these items over and see what you think. 

Paul,
Thanks again.
Here's a pic where I removed the rusted out spring balance.
It looks to me as though your 26-040 might replace my rusted out pivot bar, which I haven't yet removed because the square drive is so small (even for my local hardware store). That and the 15-046 would work with your 765, I assume.
Norm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 05DDD6C3-4653-490C-8CD3-0343F1C2010E.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

As long as our dimensions match up to yours, you should be good to go! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.