Tilt window parts latches latch pulls and pivot pin

Home Owner from Elmira NY
May 15, 2024 12:11 pm
Need to replace pins, latches and latch slider parts. Please identify.
IMG_20240515_120440610 IMG_20240515_120412942 IMG_20240515_095043732_HDR
3 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 16, 2024 12:01 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Your latch lever looks like it could possibly be replaced with either the 26-119 Sash Release Lever or the 26-234 Tilt Latch Actuator. To confirm which of these might be the correct replacement, carefully review and compare the dimensions as shown below. To identify the replacements you need for the latch itself, I'll need to see it removed from the sash. Take a look at the video tutorial below for an idea on how to remove them.

Your pivot bar looks similar to either our 26-226 or our 26-450. To confirm if either of these would be a fit for your repairs, take a look over the dimensions and compare them to your exiting pivot bar.

End view of the 26-226 pivot bar
End view of the 26-226 pivot bar

Dimensions for 26-450
Dimensions for 26-450

May 16, 2024 6:06 pm
I checked the pivot bar and the tilt lever dimensions. Looks like the lever is 26-234 tilt actuator and pivot bar is 26-226. Exception is my bar is only about 2.75" in length.
Need to check the latch type. It's not screwed in and not corner mounted. Advise please on the first to products.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 17, 2024 8:40 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

If at least one of the installation holes matches the one on your pivot bar, the difference in the length of the pivot bars should not prevent it from being installed. 

The process for removing them should be similar to what's in the video. This is what we suggest for both our corner mount and internal latches, even if it does not screw in. Have you tried removing the latches from the window? May I please see a photo of the space where the latch is installed? It would be helpful to see it from a top view and the side of the sash.

May 17, 2024 8:51 am
Have not removed any of the latches yet. Will do that tomorrow and send in more photos. Thanks
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 17, 2024 9:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Okay, understood! Please send the photos when you are able and I'll be happy to review them.

Have a great weekend!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts