Tilt window spiral ballance rods

Quick Learner from Longmont Colorado
Sep 17, 2023 4:54 pm
Recently purchased my 20 year old house. It has several tilt windows of which very few open and those that do are difficult. I've ordered two rods 3/8 - 35 in -spiral - green tip to try and install myself. If I can install successfully and the window operates as designed, I will order more. If I cannot install I may find a handyman who can and then order the amount needed for this person to install.

My questions...
1. Do I need a special tool? If so, which one and do you sell it?
2. Is there a help video I can watch for this specific rod installation?

Thanks,

Bob.
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Sep 18, 2023 11:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We do offer the 75-006 charging tool for tilt window spiral balances. Since you already ordered your balances, you could also use needlenose pliers to grasp and rotate the spiral pit before attaching it to the pivot shoe. See our installation video below, as well as the additional guides related on this page to help you through the replacement process. Thank you.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts