Traco window hardware replacement at school

Professional from Harrisburg, PA
May 17, 2024 1:25 pm
Hi,

I need to replace the hardware in many windows in a school in southeastern PA (the windows are not staying up). I believe the school has an assortment of Traco TR9000 and TR95000 windows. I understand the pictures are poor however it's all I have to work with until I get out to the site. I understand the only hardware pictured is a sash stop, however this window may not be representative of others. I believe the parts needing to be replaced are 15-086 (tandem coil housing), 15-087 (coil housing), and the coil balance. Would this solve the issue of the windows falling? Also, if anyone knows any professionals that would take on a large scale job like this, that would be great.
non tilt window non tilt window
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 21, 2024 10:12 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid these photos aren't enough for us to identify your hardware. However, this looks like it could be a non-tilt window that uses a pivot shoe. That makes me suspect you may have a spiral balance. 

Once you get to the site, can you show us a photo of the extended inner spiral tip and a close up photo of the bracket underneath the window sash? Can you also confirm the outer tube diameter? Finally, if you need the pivot shoe, we will need to see a photo of it removed from the window track along with the written out thickness and width dimensions. 

Unfortunately, our contacts are limited to South Jersey. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts