Truth replacement hardware for sun porch casement windows

Home Owner from St. Charles, IL
May 19, 2024 12:42 pm
I've got more photos of rest of parts, if needed. I want to replace ALL hardware on 14 windows (7LH & 7RH). These windows were installed circa 1995.
IMG_2816 IMG_2814 IMG_2822 IMG_2823 IMG_2825
5 user uploaded images
8 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 22, 2024 11:51 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! We should be able to supply each part you show here. I have a good idea of what you need, so I'll make a list of my recommendations:

In each case, make sure to review the size and information we show on each product's respective store page before you place an order. If anything differs, or if you had any questions, let me know here and we can try to find a better option for you.

Please also note that none of our parts come with screws included. We always recommend reusing the originals, or, if that's not possible, matching their sizes up at a local hardware store.

May 22, 2024 12:50 pm
Thanks, Tom...can I use folding crank handles with the Dyad operator?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 22, 2024 1:46 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Sure, you could use something like our 39-205 if you'd prefer. Basically anything with an 11/32" spline size, which is the only size Truth has ever used, should work.

May 22, 2024 4:38 pm
I tried to identify the tie bar but none match mine. See new pic
IMG_2821 IMG_2819 IMG_2820
3 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 9:08 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Sure, I'm happy to try to help you find a better option. To start, I unfortunately can't determine your precise length from just a photo of a tape measure. If possible please write down the length for me to review.

I'd also like you to confirm that all three "rollers" on the tie bar are identical. It appears to be the case but I just want to be 100% sure. If they differ, I'd like to see a clear, close-up picture of each different style roller on the bar.

May 23, 2024 12:49 pm
Overall length is 38.9 and all rollers are same. Attached pics show each roller with dimension from end with hole.
IMG_9696 IMG_9697 IMG_9699 IMG_9698
4 user uploaded images
May 23, 2024 1:27 pm
Here are pics of the sides of each roller close up
IMG_9701 IMG_9703 IMG_9702
3 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 3:02 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you! In my opinion, this looks closest to our 38-965. This is also 38.9" long and has three interlock "rollers" and one lock drive point. I'm wondering if your tie bar was the same, but one of the rollers broke off.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts