Viking channel balance

Quick Learner from Tacoma, WA
Oct 1, 2012 1:24 am
I have a Viking window that has a 24" channel balance, with a winged top, but a non winged bottom, as seen in the pictures, will the part number S380-24 work with both winged top and bottom if I replace both? Also the stamp option indicated is a 2390, and the highest option on the order form is a 2350, which I am afraid my window would be too heavy for.

Thanks for your help, I was very glad to find this website.

Rhodric.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 1, 2012 10:11 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for posting! Since your balance has a winged top attachment and a non-winged bottom attachment, none of our standard Series will work for you. This balance will have to be custom made.

Before we begin, however, I just need you to confirm exactly what that bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Finally, can you please tell me the weight of your window sash? This will help us determine the appropriate option for you, as well. Thank you!
Quick Learner from sacramento, ca
Aug 21, 2013 5:21 pm
I also have Viking balances stamped 2390 CS BSL 25, although the balance is 24' long. The bottom shoe is 15-002 and the top attachment is winged and looks exactly like the top attachment in the photo A quick learner from Tacoma, WA posted. The sash weighs 41 lb. So...can you make balances for three windows (6 total, with attachments) as I have described? It has to be cheaper than replacing three windows!

Thanks, Shari
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 22, 2013 9:03 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hey, Shari, thanks for posting. Can you confirm the weight of your sash? We can custom make a balance for you, but the strongest possible option we have for a 24" balance is the 2375. Two balances with this stamp can only carry a window sash weight of 37 through 40 pounds. Let me know!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts