Viking window channel balance (vintage 1990) 29" Series 380 stamped number is 2830

A quick learner from Windsor,Ca says:

1. Are your series 29" 380 channel balancers a direct replacement for my old Viking windows? My units have the # 2830 S stamped on them. Your top 19-005 attachment is winged like mine, but your bottom 15-005 shoe is winged and mine is not. 

2. My top sash guides, (your item 18-032), measure 1 & 3/8" high by 5/8" wide, while your sash guide measures 1 & 5/8 high by 5/8 wide. Your sash will protrude 1/4" above the top of my window, while my sash guide is flush with the top. Also, your sash guide is 15/16' wide. while mine is just 7/8' wide. Is that O.K.? 

3. Your window sash locks (90-005) specify 2 & 1/4 ". 4. Is that overall width or from hole to hole? 

I will be needing 12 of the 2830 units and 2 of the 2820 units

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1141.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1155.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1157.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN1163.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The Series 380 is not necessarily the replacement balance for Viking Windows, no. It's been known to work on them, sure, but so have a lot of other balances.

Your photos only show the top fitting, so I'm not 100% sure of what you have. However you mentioned that your top fitting is winged and your bottom is not. That makes me think of our Series 395, which has a similar configuration: a 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom. See if this would be a better option.

Your top sash guide is definitely not a match for our 18-032. In addition to the dimensions not matching, the design is also very different. I'm leaning more towards the 18-009, but you will need to carefully review our specs to confirm.

Finally, concerning the 90-005, the 2-1/4" size is strictly from the center of each screw hole. You can see this measurement represented on the 90-005 store page, too.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.