Weather Shield window parts needed

A contractor from Capitol Heights, MD says:
I am looking for various parts for Weather Shield windows circa 2002 to 2005. I have attached photos of the window balances, shoe, tilt latch and pivot pin. I am not sure which balance to order since the "34D" printed on the balance doesn't match any of the Weather Shield literature/charts.
Parts needed:
Lower sash:
right and left pivot pins
right and left tilt shoes and balance assemblies and S clips if they don't come with the assembly

Upper/top sash:
right tilt latch
right and left tilt shoes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Shield tilt shoe & balance.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Shield tilt shoe.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Shield upper sash balance.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Shield top sash tilt latch.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weather Shield lower sash pivot pin.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

If you need new S clips, see our 19-029 short S-clip or 19-030 long S-clip. As for the pivot bar, we don't have your exact one but our 26-150 is our closest match. Take a look and see if this matches what you need. For the tilt latch, yours reminds me our 26-334 but I recommend comparing the dimensions to confirm everything matches up. 

As for the balances, this looks like a match for our S751-35 ribbed channel balance. This comes with the 15-014 shoe by default but I think you may have the 15-233 instead which means this will have to be a custom order. Can you remove your shoe from the window to confirm? Based on your 34D stamp, you may need the 34HD strength option but I would suggest weighing your window sash to confirm that it falls within the 24 to 29 lbs weight range. Can you also tell me how many balances you'll need?

This is great info! I need 4 balances S751-35 in the 34HD strength option with 4 of the blue shoe/locking terminals 15-233 which would be a custom order as you mentioned. 

In addition I'll need 1 of the cam pivot pair 26-150, 1 top tilt latch set 26-334. We also need 2 short S-clips and 2-long S clips. All the items you recommended seem to match the existing parts on the window. Thanks for your help. What else do you need from me and what's the best way for me to order?

Profile picture of Emily

I'd actually like to confirm a few things before we proceed. It looks like one of your balances for your top sash has a red shoe which is usually used for extremely heavy sashes. Can you weigh the top and bottom sash and tell me the precise weight for each? Custom orders are non-refundable so I want to make sure we're getting you the right hardware for the job. 

Yes. Thanks so much for your attention to detail. These do seem like heavy sashes because it is a large window. I will confirm weight of each sash and let you know.
Profile picture of Emily

Great! I will do my best to assist from there. 

The bottom sash weighs 27 lbs. We weren't able to get the top sash out to weigh it but it measures the same size as the bottom sash. However, I did take a photo of the balance for the top sash - the one that has the red shoe - and the stamp on it says "34E". I've attached a photo (balance for upper sash is on the left and balance for lower sash is on the right in the photo).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UpperSash34E.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional information! Hmm, that 34E stamp doesn't match any of our options. It's possible that your top sash weighs the same as the bottom one but the details we've gathered so far indicates otherwise. It appears that whoever installed your balances originally used a different calibration for the top sash. The problem is that we just don't know what that specific calibration is and I don't want to guess since these balances won't be able to be returned for a refund like we discussed before. The only way to be confident that we get you the right calibration is to get the weight of your top sash. 

The top sash weighs 27 lbs also.
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for confirming that for me! It looks like I have all the details on my end so I'm going to email you a purchase link and price quote for (4) S751-35 balances with the 15-233 shoe and 34HD stamp for sashes weighing 24 to 29 pounds. 

Just note: the pivot bar, latches and S clips are not included in this link and price quote. You'll need to add those items to your cart separately. Don't forget to set the quantity! 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.