Weather strip for patio door and door sweep for house door

Quick Learner from Powhatan, VA
Oct 23, 2015 12:19 pm
Help! I need a 77" weatherstrip for a Cardco patio door circa 95?. Also a 3' door sweep for what may be a Pease door. I don't see either on your website but I'm hopeful I missed them or that you can suggest a substitute.
LOVE YOUR SITE!!
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
6 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 23, 2015 1:58 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hello! I'm happy to hear our site has been helpful. Now, we don't have an exact match for this door but you could consider our 58-176. This simply wraps around the bottom of the door and installs with screws. Finding a sweep that installs using kerfs, like yours, is actually very difficult. Every manufacturer uses a different kerf pattern at different sizes and with different spacing. Not only that, but they change styles from year to year. We find the 58-176 is an easy solution to a complicated problem. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Oct 23, 2015 2:43 pm
Thank you for the great suggestion. Any luck with the weatherstripping picture also sent in on the same query?
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Oct 26, 2015 10:26 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Without a picture of its profile it's hard to say, but our 58-173 may be a good place to start.
Oct 26, 2015 10:51 am
Here is the weatherstripping...
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Oct 27, 2015 2:12 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Aha, thank you! I'm afraid we cannot replace that entire channel, but we can try to replace the wool pile lining it. Can you just tell me the width of the base and the height of the pile? Alternatively, you can browse through our selection of wool pile and see if we have a match there.
Quick Learner from Powhatan
Oct 27, 2015 3:50 pm
Alas, the entire strip is warped so I'll see if I can bend it back by heating it a bit. I'll put the sweep and wool pile on order. Thank you very much!!!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts