What part is this?

Quick Learner
Sep 15, 2023 2:32 pm
I have a casement crank-out window that turns but doesn't do anything. Can you tell if it needs replaced or just screwed back together?

If it needs replaced, what part do I order?
IMG_0903 IMG_0902 IMG_0904 IMG_0912 (1)
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Sep 16, 2023 12:00 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there. This looks something like our 38-089 Operator. If the operator can crank in and out just fine, then it doesn't seem to be broken. The issue instead seems to be that the bracket at the end of that operator's link arm is disconnected from the bottom of the sash. That bracket should be screwed to the bottom of the sash, which then allows the operator to push and pull the window closed. Check the bottom of the sash to see if there's an issue with where that bracket should attach to. If you need a new bracket, our 39-508 looks identical. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts