Which coil balance assembly do I need?

A home owner from Bound Brook, NJ says:
Hello!
I haven't dealt with windows before, but I am pretty sure I need a coil balance shoe, a double support detention clip, a balance bushing, and a coil balance spring. I would need one of each for the left side and one one of each for the right side. The sash weighs 7.4 lbs. I am not sure if I would need the S-140-7 or the S-140-8 balance system. Does all of that come with the single coil Series 140 Quick Tilt Force Balance System or would I have to get each component separately?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EC1821E6-D36D-4522-BE95-6C682F6DC40C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C8F2665-3A25-4811-91EF-F7DE1EB9FAC7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 87645709-8915-4CCB-B67E-ECCE068A2923.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0A23C160-FFEA-4C34-B513-90B27A102E60.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Unfortunately, the coil balance assembly you have is not

Your coil balance shoe appears to be our 15-180. Take a look at the dimensions on the diagrams, shown below, to confirm that this is the replacement you'll need:

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

Also, given that you have the double support detent clip, are you certain of the sashes weight? The double support clip suggests that this coil balance assembly may carry more weight than the 7.4lbs.

A home owner from Bound Brook, NJ says:
Hi Bob! I'll double check the measurements on the coil balance shoe.

I took out only the bottom sash. That weight came out to 7.4 lbs. Does the weight include the top and bottom portions of the window?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

What you did to obtain the weight is correct. It is unusual to see a window with such a light weight use a double detent clip.

However, if you are sure that the window weighs 7.4lbs, then I recommend the S190-440 Coil Balance Spring along with the 15-186 Coil Balance Clip (one for each side of the window). I've also included links for the other hardware/accessories.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.