Window Balance

A home owner from Canada says:
Hi, I have a broken window balance on the top sash of a double hung window. Sash weight is 21 lbs.
I was surprised to find out that the left balance is a 19-D-40 and the right balance is a 19-E-50.
This window was made by ORAN in Ontario, Canada. They are out of business now.
I found replacements on different websites but they don't have the same bottom piece as these have.
Also, these have no top piece, the top is held with a screw beside it. Do you have anything like this available? Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230418_074843.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_231208.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_231302.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_192429.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230417_231413.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can supply this balance, but it will have to be a custom order due to its design. What you have here is a version of our Series 770, but instead of having a square terminal clip at the end of the cord, you have a hook. We can still provide this for you, but we have to assemble it here in our shop for you.

Before we go any further, can you please verify the length of the metal channel? It should be 20" but I want to be 100% sure. Can you also confirm how many you needed?

Assuming it is 20", then what we'll do is make an S770-20 but swap out the bottom clip for the 62-105 hook. We'll also be using the 20D stamp option, which carries 18 through 22 pounds. That should be perfect for your sash weight.

Hi Tom, thanks for your quick answer, see attached the picture with the length 20 inches.

I would like to order 4 pc of S770-20D with the 62-105 hook on all of them. Let me know how to proceed with the order. I would also like to add some other items from your online store to be shipped in the same order. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230419_162648.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect! So, what I'll do now is email you a custom balance order link that you can use to add the 4 assemblies to your cart. Think of it like a special store page that only you can see.

Once those balances are in your cart, you may continue shopping for anything else on our site to add to it. That way you can checkout with everything all at once.

Please let me know if you had any questions, or wanted to make changes to the balance, and I'd be happy to do so!

Hi Tom, thanks again for your answer and the link you sent, very handy how it works with the link to the special order. Now I found another window in my house with a broken balance. It is a 21-D-40 and the metal channel is 22 inches long, see pictures attached.

I would like to order 2 pc of S770-22 D with the 62-105 hook on both of them. Could you also provide a link for this special order? Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_223047.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_223356.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! Just note that the 22D stamp option carries sashes weighing 21 through 24 pounds. There is a very strong chance this suits your sash perfectly, but as it is a custom order I always recommend checking anyway. You can never be too safe.

I'll email that new link over to you now. Thanks again for your business, it really means a lot!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.