Window Balance

Home Owner from Bakersfield, CA
Mar 26, 2024 7:11 pm
32 inches long & 1/2 inch wide

Markings: 31 4 HU CMC 5

Hook Style

The "Add Photos" button did not work in Safari or Chrome on my Mac.
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry our Part Identifier was being finicky! Can you email your photos to help@swisco.com? Just be sure to include the D318880 reference number. 

Mar 30, 2024 12:53 pm
Photos attached
31 4 stamp balance winged top fitting winged bottom fitting winged bottom fitting winged top fitting
5 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 1, 2024 10:50 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you kindly! Before I make my recommendation, could you show us a photo of the inside of the metal channel where the inner spring connects to the pulley mechanism? I apologize for not asking earlier but I'd just like to confirm something. 

Apr 1, 2024 2:09 pm
The cord broke.
inner spring
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 1, 2024 2:28 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I appreciate you getting that for me! Based on what I see in your photos, I recommend our Series 380 or Series 385. The best match will depend on the depth of the bottom shoe so you'll have to measure as shown below. As for what stamp option to select, I suggest the 3140 option. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts