Window Balance Replacement

A handy person from Fort Worth Texas says:
Need to find replacement for pictured window balance. Any help appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Royale Orleans  (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Royale Orleans  (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Royale Orleans  (3).jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a very old balance but we can still help. Before I recommend anything, can you confirm the diameter of the tube?

I think it might be 9/16". Assuming I'm right, you can use our Series 500 along with a 17-007 bracket. These will work together to perform pretty much the same job as your original setup. See what you think.

A handy person from Fort Worth Texas says:
The one I sent a pic of originally is actually smaller than 1/2 inch. But I have a second one pulled out of a similar window, it is the same length as the first with the same bracket at the end and is 1/2 or 9/16. I took as good of a pic as I could get trying to show the diameter and attached for you to take a look at.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1359.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't really make out the diameter from a photo of a tape measure. There are only two options available to you: 3/8" and 9/16". It's only going to be one or the other. I recommend measuring as carefully as you can and use your best judgement.

If it's 9/16", you can use the hardware I recommended above. For a 3/8" balance, however, you can use our Series 400 with a 17-031 bracket.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.