Window Channel Balance replacement

Home Owner from California
Jul 8, 2011 2:13 pm
Hello,

I need to buy a new window channel balance and i went through the steps on this site but i need to verify it before i buy it.

To start of:
1) This is for a sliding window (up and down), so non-tilt.
2) When the site asks me if it's a 1/2 or 3/8, what I'm seeing on mine that it's 5/8. What do i choose?
3) I believe this is a 350 series?
4) The length is 28 inches and the stamp on it says 2740.

Can you please help me pick the right channel?
User submitted photo of channel balance.
5 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Jul 12, 2011 12:05 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Morning,

I'd say the Series 350 is the closest match. Begin by taking a look at the S350-28 Channel Balance. However, I can't see the entire shoe in the photo so it's a little hard to determine if the Series 350 is the correct replacement.
Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm
i have attached another picture of the shoe. Hope this helps.

And to determine the width of the channel, should i measure from the inside (where the spring is) or the outside? attached is a picture of how i measured it. please let me know if that is correct?
User submitted photo of channel balance.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
I believe you have a 15-005 shoe and a 19-002 top. Take a look at those two products to confirm that is what your attachments look like.

This combination of attachments is not a standard balance series. We can custom make this combination for you. Fill out this form to receive a quote.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Jul 14, 2011 2:12 am
Just to be on the safe side since i got a different answer from Paul than Donna, i have attached 3 additional pictures of the shoe. Hope this helps and verifies exactly what the type of shoe is so i can submit my order. Thanks for all the help with this guys!!
User submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Jul 14, 2011 1:09 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
If the bottom shoe measures 1 1/16" deep, it is the 15-004. If it is 15/16" it is 15-005.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts