Window Top Sash Guide for Pan Am non-tilt window

A home owner from Florida says:
Hello. I have 32 Pan American balances in my home which use the above top sash guide. I need to replace them all as well as some of the complete balances. I have found the other guides on your site, 15-007 and 19-035, but cannot find the top sash guide. Do you all have a source for the top sash guide part?

Thanks!
Tim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210526_124242763.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210526_124247206.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210526_124258399_HDR.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Tim. We can definitely make a custom balance for you that uses these fittings, but that top sash guide is another matter. Please give us a little time to look into that and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, I have some good news. We were able to track down this top sash guide and are currently having stock made up for you. We hope to have that available soon, though it will likely take some time. I will let you know the moment they are available.

With that out of the way, let's talk about this balance. Like you already mentioned, it has the 19-035 top and 15-007 bottom. Can you additionally tell me the length of the metal channel, as well as what the stamp printed on it reads? Can you also tell me how many you needed? Once I have that, I can email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order for these on our site.

That's only assuming that you wanted to purchase it now. You can also wait for the top sash guide to come in and get everything at once, but I don't have a solid ETA on that and it may be some time, as I said before. It's up to you!

Awesome thanks, that's good news! I'd prefer to wait for the top sash guides, because almost all of my balances have that part broken, and without it the windows don't work anyway.

Any idea how long we may be looking at? Weeks, months, years?

Thanks much, I appreciate the help greatly!

Tim
Profile picture of Tom

These things typically take around 5-6 business weeks, but your part is a little older and harder to find so I'm not sure how much that will affect matters. Either way I think 5-6 weeks are a safe estimate at the moment. I will notify you the moment we have them in.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Perfect, please do! Once we can get all the parts, I'll order them all at once. I have a few different size balances, though they're all the same type.

Thanks again. Looking forward to getting these windows fixed!

Tim
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! Please let me know if you had any other questions in the interim. Otherwise, you'll hear back from us once we have these top sash guides in our inventory.

Profile picture of Tom

Hello again! Please see our new 18-164 Pan Am top sash guide. I believe this will work perfectly well for your window.

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.