Window balance needed

Contractor from Madison, Alabama
May 14, 2024 10:53 am
I need to replace a window balance for a customer. It is a ribbed channel with 30 A stamped on the outside.
30A stamped ribbed channel
1 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 1:51 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello!

We may be able to help with this though I'll need more information to confirm. Can you show us a photo of the shoe or attachment the pivot bar interacts with? It should be at the other end of the balance or perhaps still installed in the window. 

May 15, 2024 6:32 pm
That is the part that broke. It was white plastic. Not sure if this picture will help. Otherwise I will have to go back out to the clients house and take a picture of one of the good ones.
PXL_20240515_222915638
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 16, 2024 8:25 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The 15-230 shoe comes to mind but this is an educated guess. I would have to see a photo of the old shoe to confirm.

Note that if you indeed have this shoe, it must be a custom order. 

May 21, 2024 6:04 pm
Here is a picture. I included the part that snapped off and the intact window balance
t lock shoe t lock shoe
2 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 8:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you kindly! I'll go ahead and email you a purchase link and price quote for (2) of these balances. There is a 5-6 week lead time but there is a chance it may take longer. 

I'll be here if you have any questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts