Window channel balance replacement.

Quick Learner from Largo, FL
Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm
Hello. I'm replacing two channel balances in a window that's basically not lifting up at all. This is a Silver Line Windows Series 2710 Single Hung Window.

The existing channel balance is 16" long and has the codes "15 10 OK BSI" engraved in it.

Along with the channel balances, I'll need two top sash guides. From a web search, I'm thinking it's probably your 18-179 part.

Everything else is in the attached photos.
window identification wingless top fitting wingless bottom shoe 15 10 stamped channel balance assembly
5 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 10:41 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there!

Have a look at the Series 351 or Series 390 channel balances. You'll have to measure as shown below to determine the best match. I also recommend the 1510 stamp option based on your old one.

I can't confirm if the top sash guide is what you have though. I would need to see photos of it removed from the sash. However, you should be good to go so long as the design and specifications match up. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

Quick Learner from Largo, FL
May 5, 2024 5:23 pm
Thanks for your reply.

I would have liked to include a photo of the top sash guide, but these things were a mess. The plastic was sun baked to the point of basically falling apart at the touch -- they ought to be made of metal or better plastic. On top of that, the previous owners apparently tried to replace these, but wound up shearing the screw heads off the lower screws on both sides. So I wound up crumbling the already-broken sash top guides to get at the remainder of the screws.
IMG_20240505_095523422
1 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 9:08 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's too hard to make out exactly what guide you have while its in this condition. The 18-179 is definitely a strong possibility, but unless I can see an undamaged version it won't be something that we can verify. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts