Window crank operators

Home Owner from Sammamish, WA
May 13, 2024 5:03 pm
Hi there, I have 4 upstairs windows that can't open- seems the crank operator is broken. One window stayed stuck open when we opened it up not knowing it couldn't close! We had to remove screen and manually close it our first night in our home when it started raining. Based on my photos can you please identify what parts we need to purchase (in the correct size) for fixing these windows and making them operational again?
IMG_6619 IMG_6618 IMG_6617
3 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 14, 2024 11:03 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say I would not be able to identify the crank operators you need based on the photos provide. There are many cranks that have a similar body design and crank handle, so it would be hard to narrow down the correct replacement.

I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator from an aerial view. I am especially looking to see a photo of the of the arm(s) and how the operator connects to the bottom of the swinging sash.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime.

May 14, 2024 12:09 pm
Ok, I'll see if one of the windows will crank open enough to capture an aerial shot of it. I know 3 are totally inoperable at the moment. I'll circle back with new photos to proceed with obtaining the correct parts for this project. Thanks.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 14, 2024 12:40 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Okay, great! Please send the information when you are able and I'll be happy to take a look at it for you.

May 15, 2024 5:22 pm
Does this photo help? This is from a different room but the windows are all upstairs, same style and age. This one just opens as wide as it does to get the aerial pic. I'm too nervous to try opening the others for fear of not being able to get them reclosed. Please let me know if I can measure or pull any other info for you?
IMG_6632
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 16, 2024 9:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos. Unfortunately, the view of the operator is being obstructed by the screen, so it is a bit difficult to make out but I believe you may be able to replace your operators with our 39-013 and 39-014 Casement Window Operators. These are compatible with the 39-114L Crank Handle.

To determine if these are the correct fit for your repairs, you'll need to carefully review and compare the dimensions below. Please let me know if any of the dimension for the arm is not a match.

Dimensions for 39-013
Dimensions for 39-013

May 16, 2024 9:46 am
Thank you! These look like the sizing would work. I'll take a few more measurements to be sure before making the decision to order. I'll let you know if I have any further questions. I really appreciate it!
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 16, 2024 10:46 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It was my pleasure to assist! I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have.

In case I do not hear from you, have a great weekend!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts