Window jams.

Contractor from Grand Rspids Mi. 49504
May 14, 2024 11:09 am
I believe these are NORCO windows around 1990?
I'd like to replace the side channels with the spring mechanism inside on several windows. These are pressure loaded by pressing the windows against the jam.
As you see these are cracked and rope inside the channel are broken.
2 different Lengths are:
3-3/8" WIDE
45" high plus the sill angle
53" high Plus the sill angle

Also the plastic pivots on the window itself,
Thank you for your help!
IMG_0130 IMG_0127 IMG_0131 IMG_0127
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 11:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! We can likely supply you with the balances you need, however we'd need to see the existing hardware to identify the correct replacements. I'll need to see a photo of the balance removed from the window to see the attachments on the top and bottom of it as well as the stamp from the metal channel.

In regard to the cracked window jamb, unfortunately, we cannot supply you with a replacement for this. You'll need to reach out to the window manufacturer or a local window shop that might be able to supply you with the replacements.

The cam pivots we carry are metal but I am confident the 26-150 Cam Pivot Pair should work to replace these. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm.

Dimensions for 26-150
Dimensions for 26-150

Contractor from Grand Rspids Mi. 49504
May 15, 2024 12:37 pm
Thanks so much for the information. It may be a couple weeks before I have a chance to take them apart. When I have that information I will send it.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 2:04 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Okay, great! Please send the information when you are able and I'll be happy to review the photos.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have in the meantime.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts