Window parts

A quick learner from Palm Coast, FL says:

Using your site to learn some terminology and how to measure them, I now am in need of these overhaul parts for three single hung windows (see many pictures attached for all parts and dimensions on those pics and also info below for windows specs).

Hopefully the parts terminology I am using is correct. If you can please give me a shopping list of correct part numbers and pricing I will then place my order.

4 ea. - window balances - (measuring only the metal part of the channel balance I get 29" exact) The only mark I see on these 4 balances is 28C and they are for two 35 wide x 31" high sashes if that helps.

2 ea. - window balances - (measuring only the metal part of the channel balance I get 29" exact) These two balances are marked 28F and are for a 50"wide x 31" high sash

10 ea. Top nylon sash guides 

10 ea Bottom (Or side bottom?) nylon sash guides

Also I need to replace some snap in glazing strip which part number I need (I belive it is 1/8" thick on window surface but please see pics for the rest of profile and measurements I took as best as possible (of where it was damaged/cracked by closing some windows on closed latches locks) so I tore out a corner to try and get profile measurements. Approx. lengths of present damaged pieces are 34" 50" 28" 24" & 34" 

Since I need an approx. 50" as longest piece and want some extra to have around can I get about 5 lengths of the glazing strip if 5' or 6' long.

Thank You!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. It looks like you have a Florida Extruders window Milestones model. For the top sash guide, see our 18-180. For the balance, see our S380-29. I recommend the 2830 option for your 28C stamp, and a 2860 option for the 28F stamp. 

I can't make out your glazing from these photos, but start with our 55-195, 55-194, or 55-206. You'll have to carefully compare the end profile shape and size to our samples to confirm.

Finally, for those side sash buttons you mention, we'll need to see a photo.

I HAD sent in 21 pictures in my E-mail but only a few have made the website posted for me by THE SWISCO rep. Still I Got it with all parts except missing a recomendation for the smaller bottom sash nylon guide PART and except for THE glazing strip, since the options you show are not close. 

My glazing is dual pane, with a glazing strip of an L shape. Carefully examine vertical glazing strip picture #23 which will show the L profile which fits into the frame (ABOUT 5/8" TO 7/8") between the outer frame and glass edge held in by an end groove which once placed under the edge and snapped in leaves the CLEAN outer edge SHOWING of about 1/8" x 7/8". 

I PURPOSFULLY CUT/RIPPED APART THE GLAZING STRIP TO TRY AND SHOW HOW IT FITS IN and under the window panes edge and the picture you had already was my attempt to measure the width of L part I ripped out from under the edge.

I will send another post reply after this with other pics to try and show the bottom stop and the width of the L part which inserts under the glazing edge.

Pic 22 width of glazing strip removed/torn out from under glass edge.
Pic 14 bottom nylon sash guide

Attempted sketch of profile of glazing strip.
Yes these are Florida 1000......
would knowing it's double pane glass merit heavier balancers?

Thanks very much for all your help, I will certainly be patient awaiting your response.
If you do not have access to all 21 photos if provided an E-mail I can send you any photo you wish or call in person if that is preferred as well.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid these photos do not tell me what your glazing strip is. The shape is too warped and difficult to make out. Would it be possible to remove an undamaged part that's cleanly cut at the edge? The video below may help you remove a piece of your glazing.

As for that face guide, I'm afraid I couldn't find a match for it. It appears to be a kind of face guide, but nothing we have is similar. I don't think we'll be able to get a good match for this.
Now, you had asked whether double pane glass would merit stronger balances. It really comes down to sash weight. Your old stamps indicate the strength calibration of the old springs; 28C (our 2830) can carry 16 through 23 pounds, while 28F (our 2860) can carry 32 through 35 pounds.
If you feel that your old springs may not be sufficient for your sash weights due to the glass, then I highly recommend weighing your sashes on a scale to know for sure what you need. Keep in mind that you don't want to move up to a weight range that exceeds what you have. If your balances are too strong, they will not operate properly. For example, if your sash is 34 pounds, then you don't want to move up to the 2865 option (35 through 39 pounds). That'd be too strong. You'd want to stick with 2860.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.