Windows balance snapped

Quick Learner from 10605
Feb 25, 2024 8:39 pm
Hi
So my windows balanced snapped today and now the windows can not stay open.
Can you tell me which part I should replace

Thanks
IMG_5496
1 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Quick Learner from 10605
Feb 25, 2024 9:22 pm
Add more pic
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Feb 27, 2024 10:06 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like a few of your photos didn't come through. It does sound like you need to replace your balances though. We'd be happy to help with this but we'll need more information. Can you remove an undamaged balance from the window and show us some photos? I've also posted a few videos below that you may find helpful. 

Quick Learner from 10605
Apr 29, 2024 3:54 pm
And the measurement is 32inch
3140 stamped channel 3140 stamped channel balance string IMG_6151 pulley block
5 user uploaded images
Quick Learner from 10605
Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm
These are other pictures
Long s hook pulley mechanism broken pulley block pulley cord hook
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 8:59 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you very much! These photos are a huge help. We don't have a stock assembly that matches what you have here but we can still help via custom order. Basically, we take the Series 770 and swap out the default clip for the 62-105 hook. 

Can you weigh the window sash on a scale and tell us the precise weight? The S770 uses a different stamp rating system and the sash weight will allow us to determine the proper stamp for your replacements. Can you confirm the number of balances you'd like to replace as well? 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts