Wondering if you can identify this?

Quick Learner from Brooklyn, NY
Aug 10, 2014 4:23 pm
Hi there, I'm hoping you might be able to help me.

As you'll see from the attached, I'm looking for the latch piece that allows the window to swing in and out vertically for cleaning (not the security lock). Sorry if I'm using the wrong terminology.

It's from a Champion window, and may or may not be original to the window. I've indicated all dimensions and markings on the attached image, but please let me know if there's anything else I can tell you, additional photos etc.

And thank you very, very much for the help! This service is a great idea, and a lifesaver for me.

Thanks again,
Tom
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2014 8:44 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hey, Tom. This part is known as a tilt-latch, specifically a surface-mounted tilt latch. It looks like our 26-188, but match the dimensions we show to your own part to confirm.
Quick Learner from Brooklyn, NY
Aug 14, 2014 11:00 am
Thank you, Tom! It looks to be the same, with the exception that my part is plastic and 26-188 is metal. Does that make a difference?

I'm going to order a few 26-188s just to see if they work out.

Thanks again!
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 14, 2014 11:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
I don't think that will matter much, but if you feel more comfortable with nylon see our 26-178.
Quick Learner from Yonkers
Apr 1, 2015 12:55 pm
I have the same tilt latches and they are all cracked. Did the latches the other gentleman bought work for him?
Quick Learner from Brooklyn
Apr 1, 2015 1:27 pm
Hi, I'm the original poster, and both the metal and the plastic ones worked on my window. Good luck!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts