Wooden ln closet slider doors

A home owner from Chattanooga, TN says:

Hi. I am trying to put doors back up then w were removed by previous owners. I give 2 if the four rollers but I can't find any identifying info on the roller. Id take something comparable if you have it.

Kind regards,

Kiesha 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_152828.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220430-144429_Gallery.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220430_142717.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Kiesha! These are somewhat old style rollers, but I think more modern assemblies like our 21-154 and 23-155 have the potential of working. There are just a few things to consider before you go any further.

The first is the offset of the bracket, which is basically how far it sticks forward. Our 23-154 has a 1/4" offset and the 23-155 has 1/2". Can you check your offset to confirm that at least one of these two sizes will work?

Another detail to consider is the shape and size of the wheel. The wheel for both products mentioned is 7/8" in diameter and are concave. You will need to check those details, too.

If you had any other questions, please let me know! I'm happy to help with anything I can.

A home owner from Chattanooga, TN says:

It looks like the offset is about 5/16 and the roller is 1 inch. I tried 1/2 imch offset with 7/8 wheel and it didn't work. I should have measured vs assuming. I wonder if the 1/4 would work? 1/2 was too big and caused the doors to stick and not stay on.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220506_160032.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

5/16" is definitely a peculiar offset. We unfortunately don't sell anything in that size. 1/4" isn't too far off, it's only 1/16" smaller, but it is smaller. You may run into the opposite problem as before. I would triple check your measurement just to be sure it isn't 1/4" instead.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.