Wright/Truth Casement 40577 rusted out hinges

Home Owner from Massachusetts
May 11, 2024 2:28 pm
From '94 in eastern Mass. The part which attaches to the bottom corner of the window pane, and slides side to side, is rusted/corroded on several windows. This has caused them to want to be stuck in the open position. And to close them for now I need to push in from the outside while someone else cranks it closed. Hopefully these hinges can be swapped out as the other parts and wood are still in decent shape. More photos are available. Many thanks.
IMG_3773 IMG_3772 IMG_3771 IMG_3770 IMG_3728
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 12, 2024 12:19 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting. See our 10" 36-004-10 Hinge Set. This set is stainless steel, which should certainly prevent this kind of corrosion. Just make sure the dimensions square up with what you have. Be sure to replace both hinges in the window at the same time. Let me know if you have further questions.

DImensions for 36-004-10
DImensions for 36-004-10

May 30, 2024 10:43 am
Thanks Bob! I have since ordered and received the set you suggested and it certainly seems to be the right one. I will now place a larger order to swap out a bunch of other broken hinges. In testing all of my windows, I see that a couple also have broken operators/arms. Could you please help identify the operator arm that is in the five photos I originally posted? Many thanks!
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 31, 2024 11:39 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great! I'm glad to hear that everything matches.

Concerning the operator, it's hard to tell exactly what you have while it's still installed, but something like our 39-027E might be what you need. Make sure to disconnect the arm before you measure it to ensure not only that our size is accurate, but also that the wheel at the end of the track is the same design.

Dimensions for 39-027e
Dimensions for 39-027e

May 31, 2024 1:57 pm
Thanks for quick reply. I took some better photos and measurements of the arm, and the three measurements seem to match the product diagram 9/16, 9.5, and 3 inches, along with the plastic wheel. This appears to be the right replacement then correct?
3 9.5 9-16
3 user uploaded images
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
May 31, 2024 3:18 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, as long as the arm size then I agree. The 39-027E should work perfectly well for you.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts