bottom window terminal pin octagnal plastic with metal pin to hook into the mechanical part to pull the window up or down

A home owner from chicago says:
when the window would not stay open I took it out of the frame and noticed that the plastic part at the side was missing. There is a small pin (size of a screw) that sticks out and fits into a hole in the inside portion of the window which is attached to a spiral piece that expands and retracts as you open or close the window - on the Pella site this item seems to be the terminal pin but I'm not sure of the name
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Would you be willing to show us a few photos of the hardware you are describing? We'd like to identify it and see if we offer a replacement.

A home owner from Chicago says:

I am missing one of these pivot bars and the window is slightly bent, wondering if you have the part and how I can install this myself preferably. Does it need any welding - thank you!

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, 

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I see that you went ahead and ordered our 26-373 and our 26-404 pivot bars. Thanks so much for your order! 

Please carefully compare the dimensions of the pivot bars to yours and get back to us if you have any issues or questions. 

got the parts and the larger one fit perfectly. I saw on you tube how to get the window on track and it consists of moving the shoe to mid sash but I can't get the shoe to rise - any ideas - I used a flat head screwdriver to turn the shoe as demonstrated on other window models but this doesn't work.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm actually not sure what else you can do. The shoe is held in place in the frame by these bumpers on either side that extend when the center cam is turned towards you. When you turn the cam back to its upright position, those bumpers retract. There is no other way to free up a shoe. Make sure you're turning the cam to its original position when the window is in place.

I was able to get the shoe to rise using a large flat head screwdriver and WD40 - the window appeared to be operating properly as I was able to open and close and the window stayed open but when I went back to the unit this morning I was unable to open this window. My daughter had security protection on her windows but has moved and no longer subscribes but there are two "units" of some sort to the bottom left of the window, wondering if somehow the security could be keeping this window closed - hate to try to tamper with this again and before I do, wonder if this might be possibly locking the window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You might need new Series 600 spiral tilt balances. Do you have the charging tool, 75-006? If not, you can try needle nose pliers. Pull the spiral out of the pivot shoe to see if the spiral moves easily in and out of the tube. If not, you might need new balances. See our media guides for more information:

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.