casement latch plastic

Contractor from NM
Apr 26, 2023 5:23 pm
Hi, I am trying to locate the plastic latches on the inside of a metal casement window lock. They are all beginning to fail at 25 years old. They are similar to the "Truth MultiGard Latch, Product Code: 38-210," but different as you can see with the attached pics. Any ideas what I have?
Thank you,
Scott
008 009 010
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 27, 2023 11:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! Our 38-210 would not work as a replacement for the type of latch you are searching for.

There is a chance that we might be able to recommend a replacement solution, however, I'll need to see a photo of your entire lock to confirm. It would be best to see it removed from the window so that we see both the outside design and the inside of your lock.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Contractor from NM
Apr 28, 2023 3:17 pm
This is what I have at the moment.
1 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 28, 2023 4:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photo. Once you are able, I'll need to see a photo of the front of the lock. 

This will hep to make the best possible recommendation.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts