Series 800 stamp that reads "16BZ?"

A home owner from florida says:
I have a series s800 channel balance I ordered from you. It seems to work fine and looks identical to my old one. My only concern is that the old one is stamped 16BZ whereas the new one is stamped 16B. Is there any reason for concern?
Your company, website and customer care folks are just great, by the way!
Thanks, Trish
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Don't worry, you should be okay. The "Z" is the manufacturer's in-house code and doesn't affect the weight of the spring. I know that's a little confusing, so if you want to confirm you can always weigh your sash. Two S800-16 balances with a stamp of 16B can carry a window sash weight range of 7 through 12 pounds. As long as your sash weight falls within that range, you have nothing to fear.
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.