channel balance and top guide 333000H

Handy Person from Castle Rock
May 10, 2024 11:50 am
good morning. I am in need of identifying this channel guide and the top guide located at the top of the window pane. The metal portion of the balance measures 34 inches and the stamp reads 333000H and 333000Ha. I've included pictures of the balance and the top guide. Any assistance would be great. Thank you!
IMG_1296 IMG_1321 IMG_1322 IMG_1327 IMG_1330
5 user uploaded images
4 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 10, 2024 12:51 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! Looks like you have the old Capitol window balance. We can supply these but they will need to be custom made, since they're a little old and aren't a stock product anymore.

To clarify exactly what materials we'll be using, it will be a 34" long, 1/2" wide metal channel for non-tilt windows. We'll then be installing the 19-024 top and 15-095 bottom fittings at either end. Do these look good to you? The balances we'll be providing are pre-assembled and will be ready to install right out of the box.

I just need a little more detail from you before we get started. First, your stamps aren't in my records. I think I might know what they indicate but since these are custom I don't want to guess. Can you tell me the precise weight of the sash these balances support?

Can you also tell me how many you needed, altogether?

Once I have that data, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

May 11, 2024 10:58 am
Thank you. I have no idea if the top is correct as all of these are broken. Looks like they will work. I'm looking for 4 and the window weighs 20.6lbs each. I'm also looking for the top bracket that screws into the window that engages the sash. There are two screw holes but only one screw. I believe I included a pic last time. Thanks again
IMG_1328 IMG_1326
2 user uploaded images
May 12, 2024 9:50 am
Me again. You mention 1/2 inch channel above. The inside of this channel is definitely 5/8.
IMG_1320
1 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 8:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That should be okay. Our balances are also, strictly, 9/16" in width, but they're all considered 1/2" in the trade. I'm confident that these balances will work for you. 

For a 20 pound sash being supported by a 34" balance, we can go with the 3330 stamp. Two balances with this stamp can carry a load of 18 through 23 pounds.

I'll go ahead and email you a purchase link and price quote that will let you add 4 of these to your car. These will be made to the above specifications.

As for that guide, that'd b e our 18-093, which is also commonly used on Capitol windows.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts