coil spring system replacement

A quick learner from US says:
1 1/4 dia. Bushing and 1 3/8 long for the other part
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coilshoe.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coilspring.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar.PNG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a 15-140 Pivot Shoe, which uses Series 150 Coil Balances. For the housing hardware, see our 15-143, 15-144, and 15-145

what about the 2 inch spring pc. with #5 on it ?how do they attach? do i need another spring? i've watched a few videos but not one that shows the re assembly and installation . please advise thanx rob
Profile picture of Bob

If one of the coil balances is stamped 5, then it's like an S150-5 5 lb spring. If you're uncertain, give us the exact weight of the window sash, and we'll work out what you need. 

To install these coil springs and pivot shoe, You would use the 15-143 or 15-144 housing and 15-145 bushing (if you can't reuse your originals) and hook the spring to the 15-140 pivot shoe. The loop at the end of the spring should just clip into the s lot in the pivot shoe. For two springs, you would place one above the other and work them into the cutout in the window. The installation can be a little tricky, since the originals where installed by dropping them down the channel before putting the window frame together, but it is possible. It just takes some patience and maneuvering.

I'm adding a couple of photos. I can't get the shoe out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_f5afa9e2100aa21d2a09638ac404f690.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mms_attachment_0_e464dd55cb8715a4558bb00c69b34bd4.
Profile picture of Bob

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I am not quite sure what you mean by replacing the shoe, as the shoe was A) already removed in your original photos, and B) it does not go into the window sash, but rather the jamb track along the sides of the window frame. Did you mean you're trying to replace the pivot bar? If so, the first video below shows how. The second shows how to remove and replace Coil Balance systems.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.