crestline window

Handy Person from Beacon Falls, CT
May 5, 2019 11:28 am

i want to replace the side slides on my crest line window purchased at home depot around 20 years ago. the window will no longer stay up on it's own. The number in between the glass is SNE IGCC CBA IGMAC NI. Do you sell the part or a new unit i can use instead?

Thanks,

John 

IMG_5785 2 IMG_8972
2 user uploaded images
7 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 7, 2019 10:53 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey, John. It sounds like you need a new balance, but we cannot identify what you have from these photos. Would it be possible to see a clear picture of the balances in question? We will ultimately need photos of the balance out of the window, but seeing what type you have will at least give us a good starting point. Thanks!

May 8, 2019 7:46 pm
Does this help?
IMG_0952
1 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 9, 2019 7:22 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm afraid we still can't quite tell what you have. Maybe this video could help. I'm not certain you have a channel balance, but hopefully, it can help you get on the right track. let us know if you have any questions. 

May 9, 2019 9:03 am
The window tilts out for cleaning
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 9, 2019 9:31 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

The balances are usually located in the tracks of your jamb liner. Your most recent photo shows the tracks, but not the balances. Are they missing? Do you see any mechanism in the jamb track at all? It should be a metal channel, or a spring, or even a cord sometimes.

If you have balances, seeing clear photos of them will tell us exactly what you need. I'm afraid simply seeing the window or jamb liner doesn't tell us anything. You could potentially have about a half million different kinds of balances, none of which are interchangeable.

Consider also that if your balances are missing, then it will be exceptionally difficult for us to identify a match. They're so complex and so specific that it's necessary to have an old one to use as a reference. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it's important for us to know now whether or not yours are missing. That way we can adjust our mindset and start asking you the right questions.

Either way, we will definitely need more photos and information from you, but first we need to know what to ask. Right now the only question I can ask from the information you've given is: does your window have balances to begin with?

If the answer is yes, we'll need a clear photo of the balance itself. We'll need more than that eventually but I need to see what kind you have first so that I know what we're dealing with.

If the answer is no, then things will get hard. We can cross that bridge if we get there.

May 25, 2020 10:01 am
here are some more photos
IMG_1246 IMG_1247 IMG_1248 IMG_1249 IMG_1250
5 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 28, 2020 10:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you. Looks like you just have raw springs inside the jamb track. That means you will need all new jamb liners, which is unfortunately not a service that we can provide. You will need to contact the original manufacturer of the window for assistance, assuming they're still around.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts