1984 window hard to turn small crank. Looking for a longer handle or ADA handle.

A home owner from Billings Montana says:
Looking for ADA handle or longer handle crank. Hard to turn crank. 5/16" diameter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E5EFE23D-255A-4018-B1FE-E825AEF45F14.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you show us a photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible? Once we can identify the operator, we can determine which handles are compatible with your assembly. Thank you!

Here are requested photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20BB697D-92E6-46FE-AB7A-D3DBD7C70457.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 58D49D0C-D1BB-430D-BB03-45EB1C627721.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2F65C470-3566-43D2-B791-A7150B24E367.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional photos! The operator shown here reminds me of the 39-027E and 39-013. However, they have an 11/32" spline which is compatible with the 39-205, 39-114L, and 39-114 handles. Can you double-check the hole diameter for us, just to be safe? 

Shaft is 5/16 measured with a caliper
Profile picture of Emily

We sell the 39-224 and 39-230 but these are designed to fit a 5/16" hex gear bore. The 39-274 is our only other option. Take a look and see what you think.  

39-274 seems best to us. Can we order 4 in light bronze & return if for some reason they don't work? Otherwise we would just order 1 & try it out. Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly, our return policy can be found here just in case. All orders can be placed directly on our website at your convenience!

Hi,
I need to go back to the original type of window crank handle I sent the pictures of because of our screens. Can you send me the model # for this small handle in light bronze without the long arm?
Thanks,
Ivy
Profile picture of Emily

We don't sell a T handle for a 5/16" spline. The 39-102 T handle that fits an 11/32" spline appears to be our best option. However, we don't have this in a light bronze color option, unfortunately. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.