25ds336

A contractor from WEST PALM BEACH says:
Hello, I need to replace the picture balance on my Lawson window.
The balances have different name for the same window???
Left side is 2590 30
Right Side is 25DS36
I've ordered a set (2) Balances using the 25DS36 from your company a few weeks ago but the balance was too long for my window. I need to returned it as well.
Attached are the window balances and messurements
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 25DS36 SAME WINDOW DIFFERENT BALNCE.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance in track messured.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Length
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Mechanism
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! Since your existing balances both have a stamp with a 25 at the beginning of the number, and both have winged top guides and bottom shoes, the replacement balances you'll need are either the S380-26 with a 1" shoe or the S385-26 with a 1-3/32" shoe. These are 26" balances.

To confirm the correct series, you'll need to confirm the dimension for the depth of your bottom shoe.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Given the 25DS36 stamp on the balance in the right side of your window, I believe you may have a sash weighing 36lbs so you should be able to use the 2570 stamp to replace your balances. However, I would strongly suggest double checking the weight of your sash to confirm this. If your sash does weigh more than 36lbs, your balances will need to be a custom assembly.

The balance you purchased is the S350-36. This is a 36" channel balance and has a wingless top and winged bottom shoe. You may submit the request for your return here.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.