Backyard Sliding Door Replacement

A handy person from San Francisco says:
I need a replacement part for my backyard sliding door lock. I was recommended a mortise lock and a white handle set? Wanted to check and make sure I am ordering the right parts. Preference would be a latch that goes up/down to lock and unlock like my original (see attached), not a key.

Hope to hear back soon.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image[23].jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Image[95].jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am afraid I don't have a record of what parts you were recommended. Can you tell me what they were? More importantly, can you show me a clearer view of the inner lock or latch that works with this handle set? Can you also confirm the distance between the center of each mounting hole on the handle set? We'll do our best to assist you from there. 

A handy person from San Francisco says:
See attached for the recommended parts. If you are asking about the distance from the side-view photo of the handles from each Mount hole, it is 3 and 11/16
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9437.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9438.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9571.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9572.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

OK that's a big help, thanks. The handle set you were recommended is actually no longer available, but because I have a clear view of your mortise lock, I can offer an alternative. Our 82-030 should work with this set up. It has a hole spacing of 3-15/16"; what's more, the 82-310 key lock can be adapted to its outside pull. This blog article here explains how to do this. 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
How to install the Swisco 82-032 Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.